I thought blogging would be a great way to share bits and pieces about my brand and also for you to get to know me a little better as the designer. Don’t let the word designer fool you though, I love being creative but what I truly love most is the ownership of my brand, I have found my journey thus far truly rewarding as I have curated something from the ground up. I wish I could be as creative like people such as Alexander McQueen, Jean Paul Gaultier or Vivienne Westwood but what really makes me tick is bringing all the pieces together, a bit like a puzzle.
To get to know me and my brand, here are 5 things you may not know about me:
- I am based in Perth, Western Australia and all my designs are 100% made right here in Perth. The fabric is source from Melbourne but everything else is W to the A.
- This is not my only job. I’ve actually been working in the Golf Industry (not what you would expect, I know!) for over 10 years in Sales, Marketing and Communications.
- I have had no formal training in fashion design. This is true, I have been learning as I go along, and I am fortunate to have a wonderful team of pattern makers that guide me in the right direction.
- My favourite designer is Victoria Beckham. Not just because she was my favourite Spice Girl (between Posh and Sporty), I just love that she just started designing what she liked to wear and allowed herself to evolve from there to build her brand empire.
- I love wearing work clothes! This is what stemmed my desire for design as I couldn’t always find the perfect ‘work dress’ to take me from the Boardroom to the after 5pm. I always feel my best and ready to tackle any challenges that come my way when I am wearing my LJ dress.
I am looking forward to sharing more about myself, the brand plus my interests outside of fashion, namely work-life, fitness and real estate. If there is anything you would like me to blog about, please do not hesitate to connect, I would love to hear from you!
Love LJ xx